Friday, June 15, 2012

Prepping for rabbits

There isn't that much time left before I get to drive up to Sonora to pick up Gnomeo and Juliet (still unsure which rabbit she will be, but soon to find out I hope). I have the cages, waterers, food crocks, hay feeders and grooming tools at the ready. I have two pet taxis ready to pop in the van for my rabbit road trip. I have a cage stacking kit on it's way and two more rabbit books are also zooming to my door, these two specific to Angora breeds. As soon as the stacking kits arrive, I'll build the cage stacks. Then right before I go to get the bunnies, I'll head into the feed store for my bag of pellets and Timothy hay. The only problem I have run into is that the feed store sells feed containers for 40lb bags of feed, but they sell 50 lb bags of pellets. What is that about? What am I supposed to do with the other 10 lbs of pellets? Hmmm. I think I'll have to head in to the pet store to see if they have any storage options. But for now, I think I'm on track to having everything ready for these babies when they get home. My dad has also volunteered to help me set up a letterhead and business cards based on my farm stamp design, so I will be able to put some business cards on the bulletin board at the feed and pet stores and also have some stationary avaiable for written correspondence if I put my rabbitry on the ARBA breeders list. So things are moving along and this farm dream of mine is slowly moving toward being a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment