Monday, June 25, 2012

Planning a rabbit road trip

In about a week, I will starting my journey. I will drive the 6 hours to my Mom's house. She volunteered to go with me on my rabbit retrieval road trip and I would love to have the company. I will spend the night there, then bright and early (well it will most certainly not be bright, since we'll likely leave before sunrise)she and I will hop in the official farm van to head off to Sonora. I think it will be about 4 hours from her house, so we will have lots of time to chat. I wish we lived closer to them, I miss seeing them. We will hopefully make it to Sonora well before noon, have a bite to eat and walk around a little before heading over to see Sarah and picking up Gnomeo and Juliet. I hope to get a quick look at her farm and see her coop and hive (so jealous of both!) before loading Mom and rabbits back in the car for the long drive home. Four hours back to Mom's, then another six back home. It will be a long two days, but I will be leaving my two girls overnight for the first time ever and as their primary caregiver, I'm a little worried about how they will handle 48 hours without me. But they are excited about bringing the rabbits home, so they are torn between wanting me to go get them and wanting me to just stay home. It will be a big trip for all of us. So I guess I should probably go build their cages.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Rabbityness! If you stop for lunch anywhere around here I recommend stopping in at Columbia State Park. Either Kate's Tea Shop or El Jardin Mexican Restaurant. But no matter where you stop you at least have to peek in at Columbia Candy Kitchen!! You'll regret it if you don't. They were named one of the top 10 candy stores in the nation by USA Today and everything is handmade. Pecan log... Drool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info! I've never been up there before and am even looking forward the drive. I remember driving through somewhere near Yosemite on one of my many family vacations as a kid and loving how green and forested it was up there. Such a change from all this brown, dead, dry Southern California!

    ReplyDelete