Monday, July 9, 2012

Rabbit Road Trip, Part 2

So after all was said and done, we loaded Gnomeo (right) and Juliet (left) into their carriers and put them in the back of the van with the window shade over them to try to keep the sun for beating directly on them.  I brought some newspaper for the bottom of the cages and Sarah gave me some hay, I think they were as happy as they could be for the ride.  Rabbits do not eat or drink during travel, I did bring some food and water for the stops that we made but none of it ended up getting ingested by either rabbit. 
We drove from Fruhlingskabine Micro Farm 5 hours to my Mom's house, where I had dinner and we tried to give the bunnies a little food and water.  About an hour later I was back on the road to my house, which is another 5 to 6 hour drive.  I can't tell you how long it was, it was just kind of a blur at that point.  All I know is that I started driving at right about 7 am and made it home around 1 am.  Tired person and tired rabbits.  I got them set up in their cages, hastily, and crashed.  I would love to show more exciting photos, but really the entire drive home looked like this...
So you really aren't missing much.  Except that spot on my windshield which happened somewhere around Turlock - the first time we went through it.  So the rabbits are here and we are all still alive!  My total road time, up and back, was about 19-20 hours.  LONG drive for two little rabbits.  But now I have beautiful rabbits to build my rabbitry and that is awesome.  Thank you to my Mom for going on this insane trip with me and Sarah at Fruhlingskabine Micro Farm for being my friend, mentor and provider of beautiful rabbits.  If you're in the market for Angoras and I'm too far south for you, check her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment